The browser provides virus, popup and spyware protection in a simple, easy to use tabbed interface
The Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform.
Firefox is a small, fast and very easy to use browser that offers many advantages over other web browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows and the tabbed browsing.
NOTE: Firefox ESR is intended for groups who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in large organizations.
Here are some key features of "Firefox":
- Comprehensive popup controls to keep unwanted advertising off your desktop;
- A tab browsing mode that lets you open several pages in a single window, allowing you to load links in the background without leaving the page you're on;
- Integrated search (powered by Google);
- Industry leading accessibility with Find As You Type - find links and page text by simply typing;
- Simplified privacy controls that let you cover your tracks more effectively;
- A streamlined browser window that lets you see more of the page than any other browser while at the same time being more configurable;
- A large variety of free downloadable extensions and themes that add specific functionality and visual changes to the browser.
- Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
- 512MB of RAM
- 200MB of hard drive space
What's New in This Release:
- Bug 912627 - Remove spurious assertion
- Bug 990202 - Move the test page to a new window to prevent it from navigating the test runner frame back
- Bug 968129 - Load initial tab in WebappImpl:loadStartupTab
- Bug 989965 - Resolve style for pseudo-elements correctly when style rules that have user action pseudo-classes on them are present
- Bug 970213 - Replace icon with custom design
- Bug 919208 - Rewrite test_bug668513.html to run in its own window so that it won't be able to navigate the test runner frame back
- Bug 984447 - Properly handle forks in mozjemalloc after bug 694896
- Bug 983448 - Fix masm.convertUInt32ToFloat32 on x86
- Bug 989130 - Back out changeset fe119a83b1f2 (bug 942017) while leaving the corresponding test from changeset 3c63decb4e7e
- Bug 982448 - some fxmetro pref's still being left behind with values without --enable-metro in the mozconfig
- Bug 989586 - Fix Ion correctness bug when inlining |new Array(x)